Environmental & Sustainability Statement
Last updated: 13.03.2023
At b_together we have always recognised we have a responsibility to the environment far beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment, and working in sustainable ways.
We are working closely with Achieving Greenness Ltd during 2023 to continue to develop our Green Journey and our Green Mission. In doing so, we are fully committed to challenging what we do and how we do it, to make changes and improvements as necessary, to make a positive difference wherever possible, and continuously improve our understanding, operations, culture, and brand.
To quote our favourite Whitney Houston song: we believe the children are our future. We also believe it’s important to have a functioning planet. So, at b_together, we want to provide a space that inspires our little ones to dream big but also to b_kind to the planet while they go about it.
Our mission is to b_green by 2030 because when it comes to our planet and its future, we want to b_part of the solution, not the problem. That means sustainability embraced and pioneered by our company, our team, and our community.
b_responsible – when it comes to our planet, we want to b_part of the solution, not the problem. So, sustainability and responsible sourcing are essentials.
Our kids’ ability to learn is conditional on one big thing: our planet still being here for them to live and thrive on. The importance of environmentalism and sustainable education is drip fed at every opportunity so at the end of the day, we can be sure of one thing. We’re helping to raise the next generation of responsible, respectful, eco-friendly humans.
Since our launch in May 2021, we have strived to ingrain sustainability into every area of the business.
2023 is the year we work towards fully developing our ESG Strategy, Green Journey, 2030 Long Term Vision & Strategy, and Roadmap, with renewed focus on our company values.
To kick this off we aim to launch our social responsibility and sustainability programme, b_conscious to help develop our Green Strategy, which includes:
· Committing to a sustainable future and improving the environmental and social wellbeing of our community. Our engagement with our members, little ones, staff and stakeholders will help us foster a sustainable future.
· Committing to a sustainable supply chain and procurement process through local ethical sourcing with minimal environmental impact and footprint.
· Committing to reducing our waste and streamlining our existing waste management practices to assist in lowering our carbon footprint.
· Alongside our focus on educating and nurturing our kids in sustainability, we are committed to ensuring b_together poses as little harm to the environment as possible, striving to make a positive impact wherever we can.
b_together continues to work towards implementing and achieving its Strategic Green Goals. The key achievable green goals for 2023 include:
· To b_green and implement sustainable practices across our business and ground all our operations in sustainability principles
· To minimize our carbon footprint and work towards becoming net zero by 2030
· To minimize waste and encourage a circular economy
· To increase energy efficiency in our site and investigate moving to renewable energy
· To continue to drive sustainability throughout our supply chain, integrating sustainability into our overall procurement process in line with our Green Strategy
· To actively promote and provide green education and sustainability training for our members, little ones, and staff
Since its launch in May 2021, b_together has strived to incorporate a ‘green thread’ running through the business and we are proud of our existing green achievements, some of which include:
· A committed sustainability approach across the business
· Our spaces are working towards becoming plastic free and sustainably sourced
· Our restaurant showcases the tastiest ingredients that are as healthy for the planet as they are for our bodies, proving sustainable food can also be delicious, affordable food.
· We aim to source all our suppliers from the UK and actively seek out local suppliers
· Our Meat is sourced from Ethical Butchers and Regenerative and Wild Farmers
· Our Flour is sourced from Regenerative Farmers.
· Our Coffee supplier is B Corp
The development and implementation of b_conscious during 2023 will include our ESG Strategy, and will allow us to understand, define and measure sustainability practices to create meaningful change.
ESG Reporting will form part of our long term strategy, drive accountability and ambition, and provide quantifiable measurement of our success, and where we want to be in the future.
We hope you continue to follow our progress and continuous journey towards a green and sustainable future in the years ahead.
We are not perfect and are still learning. Please get in touch with us if we slip up and are not living up to the standards that we have set out above, or if you want to suggest other areas of sustainability we could learn about and make changes to improve.